Kids' Country Response to COVID-19
Keeping our community safe has been and always will be a top priority for Kids’ Country. As news about the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to develop, we wanted to take a moment to share some of the actions our organization is taking to help protect our children, families, staff and community.
Being a KCPartner gives us an opportunity to continue supporting the community with our services. Please contribute today. Click here to learn how.
Frequently asked questions
How has Kids’ Country reopened safely?
- Intake procedure: A mandatory pre-entry health screening for all staff and children. Anyone reporting COVID-19 symptoms or recent exposure to the virus will be asked to stay at home. All staff have been tested negative in order to return to work.
- Mandatory Employee COVID-19 Procedure Training completed by all staff before returning to work.
- Mandatory Employee COVID-19 tests prior to returning to work.
- Mandatory masks or face coverings worn by all children and staff.
- Limited attendance with stable groups consisting of 10 children plus 1-2 adults.
- Requiring all children to maintain physical distance of at least six feet between one another.
- Individual materials for each child to prevent sharing of toys and other materials
- Requiring children to wash their hands frequently before and after leaving the room.
- Helpful signage and floor decals to promote mask-wearing, hand washing, and physical distancing.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of tables, public spaces, toys, outside equipment, outside rec. toys and restrooms throughout the day. Disinfectant used: E-23 (Buckeye Eco® Neutral Disinfectant E-23 is a multipurpose, neutral pH, broad-spectrum germicidal detergent designed for use in hospital, healthcare and industrial settings at ½ oz. and 2 oz. per gallon of water.).
- Increased fresh air circulation and filtration throughout the building.
What does Remote Learning Support look like at Kids’ Country?
- Remote Learning environment created for productive learning.
- Staff will be hands on support. Answering questions with assignments to the best of their ability.
- A daily schedule to support Remote Learning times and Homework support.
- Charging stations for tech devices. (Families must bring charging cables with their child’s tech devices)
- Desks are assigned and labeled with child’s name. Image example.
Statements to Kids’ Country Families
To view PFD, please click on the following items below:
Kids' Country supports a child's natural curiosity and love of learning in a safe and inspired environment where they can discover their passions and achieve great things.